[EMS Discuss] Disc brake

Austin McKimmey EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 15 08:43:17 PDT 2013

Discs for bicycle disc brake systems can be cheap, already balanced,
already machined, and perfect for small diy systems.

You can get hydraulic systems(I would avoid do to DOT fluid or mineral oil
being a mess and harmful) and mechanical systems that work really well. You
can find the rotors in lots of different sizes. Ebay you can find either
fairly cheap,

I don't think making a disc is a smart or safe thing. It would be best to
buy something that works. Brakes are a safety system, if they fail it is
not safe. There is a lot of material science in the material they are using
in disc brakes. Metal heats up and will warp when the pressure of brakes
are applied. If you machine it wrong, it could just seize up, or work tear
it's self apart.