[EMS Discuss] Fwd: Science Open House 2013 - Call for Participants

Mark Danburg-Wyld EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 15 20:50:45 PDT 2013

Anyone else interested in doing this? I can bring the drawbots again - that
is, the ones from mini maker faire. The event is more younger kids, if I
recall correctly, and so be, shall we say, judicious in what you volunteer
to bring.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brandy Todd <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Date: Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Subject: Science Open House 2013 - Call for Participants
To: Eric Pakulak <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Mandy Hampton Wray <EMAIL HIDDEN>,
Nick Spicher <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Randy Sullivan <
EMAIL HIDDEN>, Lara Fernandez <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Bill Harbaugh <
EMAIL HIDDEN>, David L Blackwell <EMAIL HIDDEN>, mcgrath2
McGrath <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Erin Mondloch <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Elly
Vandegrift <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Verna Wise <EMAIL HIDDEN>,
River Ashland <EMAIL HIDDEN>, George Nazin <EMAIL HIDDEN>,
Marjorie L De Buse <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Ann Craig <EMAIL HIDDEN>,
Jules Abbott <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Lucy Biggs <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Lori
Jensen <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Dean Livelybrooks <EMAIL HIDDEN>,
Beth Stein <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Dean Walton <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Ben
Wright <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Stanley Micklavzina <EMAIL HIDDEN>,
Christine Butler <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Mark Danburg-Wyld <
EMAIL HIDDEN>, Bob Miller <EMAIL HIDDEN>, Kiki Prottsman <
EMAIL HIDDEN>, Bryan M Rebar <EMAIL HIDDEN>

Greetings Scientists and Educators,

The Science Program to Inspire Creativity and Excellence (SPICE)  and STEM
CORE will hold the 3rd annual "Science Open House" September 25, 2013 in
the Willamette Hall Atrium (6:30pm-8:30pm).  The purpose of the event is to
help connect community families to STEM outreach programs on and off the UO
campus.  Public attendees will include K-8 children and their parents as
well as educators in the community.

With the recent election of Professor Doctor Mildred Slugwak Dresselhaus
(aka Brandy Todd) to the post of Eugene SLUG Queen We expect a BIG crowd
this year.  This event is a great chance to get more exposure for your
groups and programs and to connect up with other outreach groups.

SPICE will provide several hands on activities and demonstrations such as
the "Laser Maze," "Flubber Factory," "Egg Drop" and the all age "Science
Pentathlon."

You are invited to host an outreach table at this event.  We will provide
tables, chairs, linens and power strips (as requested).

How to sign up:

1) Your name
2) The name of your program
3) What activity you will provide
4) What you require (table, electricity, water, etc)

We look forward to hearing from you, and please feel free to share this
email and the attached flyer with others you think might be interested in
attending,  presenting a table or volunteering to assist with the event.

Many Thanks,
Brandy Todd
Director
Science Program to Inspire Creativity and Excellence (SPICE)
Brandy Todd
Assistant Director for Administration
Oregon Center for Optics
1274 University of Oregon