[EMS Discuss] Magnetic Device Troubleshooting

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 22 22:24:05 PDT 2013

I have some suggestions.  They are no more than shots in the dark, but hey.

1. Re-verify your Known Information.  Make sure it is really true.

2. Measure the voltage across a magnet when it is active but should not be.
 There is some, right?  Disconnect things until there is no voltage across
that magnet.

3. You say (#5) that you can change the power wiring to the magnets.  Can
you measure voltage coming out of the power supply to the incorrectly
active magnet?  If you unplug that magnet from power, what happens?  if you
unpower its twin, what happens?