[EMS Discuss] Light sensor refinement suggestions?

Greg Norman EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 24 14:01:03 PDT 2013

I built a light sensor for a time lapse camera controller
but it goes into saturation very quickly when the sun rises.
It's made out of LDR (Light Dependent Resistor). I suspect
for a wider sensitivity I need to use a diode and a op amp
but I'd like to keep it simple.

Anyone have a suggestion on biasing it as to respond to a
wider range of light? Currently it connects to a Arduino
analog pin and +5V with a 10K pull down resistor to ground.

The LDR goes from 500 ohm with light to 6K ohm in dark

The circuit is:

  5V---(LDR)---(Arduino Pin)---(10K ohm)---GND
--
Posted from the Discuss forum