[EMS Discuss] Fwd: [EMS Board] The Replicator is here! (Tea. Earl grey. Hot.)

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 28 15:22:27 PDT 2013

This came into the board and seems pretty cool.  Some fellow hackers from a
Massachusetts hackerspace have built this mill/3d printer and are trying to
crowdfund it.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeremy Fryer-Biggs <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Date: Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Subject: [EMS Board] The Replicator is here! (Tea. Earl grey. Hot.)
To: EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN,
EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN,
EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN,
EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN,
EMAIL HIDDEN, EMAIL HIDDEN,
[...]

Hello fellow makers!!  We're a small team working out of the Artisan's
Asylum in Somerville, MA, and we wanted to share some exciting news with
the maker community:  It's time to make hybrid manufacturing a reality!

We're so stoked that we're making Star Trek references because *The
Microfactory Kickstarter Kicks Off Today!  *

This project has come a long way...Since we started building the
Microfactory over a year ago, we've made five full versions and done
countless tests, re-tools and upgrades, all out of our own pockets.  Why?
 Because we wanted to build, and use, a machine that could make personal
manufacturing a reality, by working in multiple materials, by printing,
cutting, etching and more all in one easy-to-use enclosed system.  *Because
we're makers, and we wanted to create a tool that would change the world
for people who are serious about making things. * We're proud of the
working prototypes we have now, and we can't wait to turn them into
production models!  We've also got big plans for future upgrades,
downloadable content, and frankly, too many cool ideas to list.

*Please take a look at our Kickstarter
page<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/327919589/the-microfactory-a-machine-shop-in-a-box>,
share the news with your friends, and leave us your comments! * We want to
hear what other makers have to say.

Thanks so much!

The Mebotics Team
Somerville, MA