[EMS Discuss] Help us find a new home!

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 30 09:24:04 PDT 2013

While things may have calmed down around EMS lately since everyone has been
out enjoying the summer weather, we are still looking for a new home to
support our growing membership.  Looking at the survey results from the
member poll, the top three voted locations for EMS would be:

Downtown Eugene followed by East Eugene or West Eugene (pretty much a tie
on those two)

The top features our members would like to see in a new space are:

1. Larger shop space (we currently have 1000sqft)
2. The ability to subdivide the space to separate activities
3. Larger office space for quiet/cleaner activities
4. Within walking distance of local community

We could really use help trying to find a space.  Our monthly budget for a
new space will likely be between $1000 and $1300 per month.  That will
require us to stretch our wallets when possible to make it happen.  We have
a really nicely written proposal that includes clauses to ramp up the rent
and utilities costs over time, which means we might be able to get away
with something more expensive than this if we can grow our member base to
match the rent increases.

Keep in mind we may have to compromise on some of the features.  For
example it will likely cost more to have more space, but it may also cost
more to be downtown.  We may have to make a trade off on space versus
location.  If you can find a place that meets some variation of these
criteria, please email EMAIL HIDDEN and let us know!  We will
get in touch with the owners and send them our proposal.  Hopefully having
more people look for a space means we can find one more quickly.

Thanks for you help!