[EMS Discuss] Magnetic Device Troubleshooting

Cord Slatton EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 30 17:44:12 PDT 2013

Thanks for the thoughts. I am going to respond to each post individually to
try and keep this organized.

1. We have re-verified our known information and it is true

2. Each of the magnets (all 4) always have 13.3 Volts across them when the
machine is on, in a standby state. The voltage does not change across a
magnet when it is powered or un-powered. I have been trying to find a
reliable current reading across each magnet when it is idle, intentionally
active and not-intentionally active. I have not been able to get a good
reading on that, I will continue to try. If I disconnect the magnet it has
no voltage or current, if I connect it then it does. Disconnecting other
parts has not effect on the second unwanted magnet powering.

3. Each magnet is getting 13.3 volts from the power supply. If I disconnect
the incorrectly active magnet it does not work anymore, no additional
incorrect magnet is active and the correct magnet is still able to be
activated.