[EMS Discuss] Need Volunteers for New Space Committee(s)

Weston Turner EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 7 13:02:00 PST 2013

Agreed, this kind of collaboration with public schools could be a winning arrangement. With school's dwindling resources for extracurricular activities, vocational programs, and the arts, we could fill in at least a little bit with volunteerism, by holding informal classes, and by giving free membership to students (especially if it was in exchange for a free or reduced cost space).

Even if we had to pay market rate for a space, but it was to the school district rather than some private property owner, I feel like our money would be going to a better cause (provided the facilities were comparable, and there were no unreasonable constraints imposed on us by such a partnership).

This is something we should definitely look into.

Regards,
Weston

> On Dec 7, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Cord Slatton <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
>
> This "free shop space" through the school district sounds like a possibility too good to not follow up on!
>

>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Mr. Clif <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> yes count me in, though it would be nice to get things started well before then. Eg could we get a walk through and quick chat with them?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Clif
>>

>>> On 12/05/2013 01:28 PM, Greg Norman wrote:
>>> Just contacted with 4J schools trying to get funding and/or
>>> a free shop since the school system has allot of vacant
>>> buildings. They seem really excited about working with us.
>>> They want to set up meeting the week of Dec 16-20 preferably
>>> the 20th. or whenever.
>>>
>>> I may not be able to make the meting but will if at all
>>> possible. If there is anyone that can work with me on this
>>> or just be at the meeting that would be great. I you can, I
>>> will let you set up the date and time.
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to talk to me in person call me any time
>>> at:
>>> 541-343-2890 H