[EMS Discuss] New Space Business Planning Committee Call Out for Members

Greg Norman EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 17 18:43:33 PST 2013

I can help with labor,  the move and refurbishing a new place and probably any of the funding things but can't promise to make meetings.

Grge Norman

________________________________
 From: Mr. Clif <EMAIL HIDDEN>
To: James Hukill <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Cc: EMS DL <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [EMS Discuss] New Space Business Planning Committee Call Out for Members

I often don't do the polls myself because checking them all is the same as checking none, and it takes less time to just not go there and have someone tell you when the meeting is. But if it makes you feel better I took the time to check them all. :-)

    Clif

On 12/17/2013 09:02 AM, James Hukill wrote:

Sure it's a few weeks off,  so easy to procrastinate.

>EUGENE MAKER SPACE RALLYING CRY </>
>

>If you have ANY sort of opinion on what you want to in a new space to look like and how we are going to stay $olvent please sign up.  The gravitas hype is,  this move WILL make or break EMS.
>

>Honestly, YOUR participation is desperately needed.  Even if you just want to show up and assigned some action items to research/accomplish then PLEASE sign up and help us keep up the momentum to move Eugene Maker Space.
>

>THANKS! and see you there!
>

>On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Bob Miller <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
>
>It's been three days since you posted this, and I'm the first person
>>to sign up.  That's worrisome.
>>

>>On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Weston Turner <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
>>> Hi EMS Members,
>>>
>>> At the last board meeting we talked about the
                formation of a couple of
>>> committees that will help us plan and actualize our
                move to a bigger and
>>> better space. One of the committees that we will
                form is the Business
>>> Planning Committee. This group of people will
                ensure that EMS has the
>>> financial wherewithal to move into a bigger and
                more expensive place. We
>>> will do this by crafting a business plan with the
                following pillars (so
>>> far): membership dues, hosting classes, and
                co-locating individuals and
>>> small groups in need of office and or meeting
                space. The group will also
>>> negotiate our lease and deal with the legalese of
                lease signing etc..

>>> I'm asking for volunteers to join the Business
                Planning Committee. I
>>> volunteer to chair the group and I think Cliff and
                Darrell and Kassie have
>>> also expressed interest in participating.
>>>
>>> James has created a Doodle poll for deciding when
                to have our first meeting
>>> on either Jan 2nd 4th or 5th. We have from now
                until the first of January to
>>> decide when we meet and to prepare ideas for the
                meeting.

>>> Link to the EMS Business Planning Committee Doodle
                poll
>>> http://doodle.com/7qx2pc37h8md4r6e
>>>
>>> Please participate in the poll if you are
                interested in joining the group.