[EMS Discuss] Another T-shirt update (new colors)

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 7 13:58:43 PST 2013

Theoretically, she said we could use any color as long as the ink will show
up.  However, I feel it's important for EMS branding to at least stick with
the proper colors of our logo.  These shirts are essentially walking
billboards for EMS.  It seems like it would be a good idea to make it easy
for people to start recognizing the EMS logo when they see it and not have
to wonder if it's actually EMS.

There is a successful hackerspace based in Mountain View California that
actually has branding guidelines on their page.  You can check theirs out
for an example:  http://www.hackerdojo.com/BrandingAndLogo
And another example:
http://wiki.heatsynclabs.org/wiki/File:Heatsync_labs_brand_standards.pdf

Granted, this hasn't been officially decided on by the board.  I decided I
was going to have T-shirts made for the group and normally I would just
pick a shirt color and an ink color and just do a run of shirts.  Since we
are making them ourselves now there are more options, but I thought it
would be a good idea to limit the colors to be at least close to EMS
"official" colors.

If everyone hates the idea of sticking to the brand colors then I guess
pick whatever color you want.  We should probably talk about this at our
next membership meeting so we can have it straightened out for the next
time we get gear made.  I don't want to impose any rules on everyone but I
figured since I was organizing this event I would just do what I thought
made sense this time.

Rick