[EMS Discuss] EPROM programmer?

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 21 10:50:38 PST 2013

I've been researching the possibility of flashing custom code to an EPROM
to use in an old NES cart to see if I can get it to run in an old NES.
 I've never worked with EPROMs before so it's all new to me.  Based on my
research though, it sounds like for what I'm trying to do, I'll need to use
an EPROM in the 27C256 family.  Does anyone have an EPROM programmer that
would work for this that I can borrow to play with this?  I'm primarily
looking for a USB programmer because I don't think I even have a computer
with a parallel port any more.  But I might be able to scrounge something
up if necessary.  I don't need it right away, I'm still in the research
phase.  I'm trying to figure out if I'll have one freely available to me or
if I'm going to have to buy one.  I'm not sure I want to spend money on
this right now.

Also, a UV eraser would be useful as well if you have one of those I could
borrow with it.

Thanks,
Rick