[EMS Discuss] What shall we call February's open house?

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 15 11:22:26 PST 2013

Saturday, February 23rd.  I think the time is 11:00 to 4:00.

Good questions.

At Eugene Maker Space.

Twice a year in February and October.  Plus the Mini Maker Faire at the
Science Factory in June.

There is not currently a theme.  I question whether we're big enough to
have an event dedicated to a subset of making.  We're usually scrambling to
get enough interesting exhibits without restricting it.  I do think it
might be fun to do a 3D printing event sometime, though.

The February and October events are EMS only.  The June event is at the
Science Factory and primarily run by them.

I don't really know what other maker spaces do. I've been to Maker Faire in
San Mateo, but it's about 100 or 1000X the size of ours.

Our goals, in my mind, and I'm definitely not speaking for everyone, are
   (a) to attract more members.  We need members to pay the bills.
   (b) to make EMS more visible in the wider community.
   (c) to give us some focus for our projects.
   (d) to let us have fun showing off and learning about each other's toys.