[EMS Discuss] Doodle for EMS Membership Meeting Day/time

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 29 11:14:34 PST 2013

I think that's a fair point.  Process meetings are generally not fun.
If we are voting on a measure that you don't care about then your
incentive to show up is pretty low, especially if you have another,
more fun, option.  I know that even in my own case though, I have a
pretty good incentive to show up because I usually run the meeting.
But even then, I couldn't make it half the time because of family
related plans that I am generally obligated to attend (birthdays,
etc).  So even though I want to show up I can't.  But in any given
random week, Saturday is wide open for me.  I think I just convinced
myself to remove Saturdays and Sundays from my available list on the
Doodle though lol.

Maybe we can find a way to make people more willing to show up to the
meetings too?  I was thinking the meetings would be a good time to
clean/tidy up the shop since we are all there and not really planning
to work on an actual project.  It can be a day for the membership to
get stuff done for the sake of the membership itself.  Although,
telling people we are going to clean might make it even LESS enticing.