[EMS Discuss] Fwd: Join The Deconstruction February 22-24 2013

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 31 10:18:14 PST 2013

I just got this email about an upcoming event called "The Deconstruction".
 It's some kind of competition where you register your team and then spend
48 hours making something awesome.  It seems like there aren't many rules
and it can be something physical, it can be an app, music, whatever.  You
just have to make something.  It looks like they currently have a prize
available that is a 40W laser cutter.

The dates of the event are Feb 22 - 24, which is exactly when our
Make-o-rama is.  Although, if we had a team working furiously on a project
during the event, that might be kind of cool.  I was thinking about signing
up because that Red Bull group project last summer was one of the most fun
projects I've worked on.  Is anyone else interested in this?

We'd have to document everything and/or live stream it.  We'd also have to
work around our make-o-rama event somehow but I bet we could make it work.

Rick

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Deconstruction 2013 <EMAIL HIDDEN>
Date: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Subject: Join The Deconstruction February 22-24 2013
To: EMAIL HIDDEN

**

Welcome to The Deconstruction. A little birdie told us you might like
this...!
  Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=3d82f796c2&e=143c3aaadb>.

      [image: The
Deconstruction]<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=d6dac3cd10&e=143c3aaadb>

>From Feb 22-24 teams of Makers, Artists, Students, Programmers,
Problem-Solvers, Designers, Performers, and Robots will take part in an
exciting new event called “The Deconstruction."  Participants are
challenged to rethink (Deconstruct) a specific object, idea, or genre and
create something new in under 48 hours.  There are no creative boundaries.
 You can create a hacked physical object, an app, a game, a piece of
art...basically anything.  It's going to be a fun, inspiring, and weird
weekend.  We would love to have you involved.

Learn more here<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=080aead3b0&e=143c3aaadb>
*.  *Or better yet…..

 Register Your Team<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=a3ce2faae9&e=143c3aaadb>

             *Surprizes! *
 The Deconstruction will feature several award categories (some fun, some
serious).  One lucky team will take home this awesome Full Spectrum 5th Gen
40W CO2 Hobby Laser<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=4773b20b8d&e=143c3aaadb>
!!
   *The Goal*
The Deconstruction brings people together (physically and digitally) to
share ideas, collaborate, create, problem solve, and have a good time. The
event is open to anyone, anywhere, of any age and skill level. *Here’s how
you participate<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=49c930b1f6&e=143c3aaadb>
.*
          *LEARN MORE AND REGISTER A
TEAM<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=75c977f0ad&e=143c3aaadb>
 *

*  **<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=bbc826da08&e=143c3aaadb>
 **[image: Google Plus One
Button]<http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=3d82f796c2&socialproxy=http%3A%2F%2Fus6.campaign-archive2.com%2Fsocial-proxy%2Fgoogle-plus-one%3Fu%3Df995a8e5965eb31600270f709%26id%3D3d82f796c2%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fus6.campaign-archive2.com%252F%253Fu%253Df995a8e5965eb31600270f709%2526id%253D3d82f796c2%26title%3DJoin%2520The%2520Deconstruction%2520February%252022-24%25202013&gpo=true>
* <http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=449b8f47fa&e=143c3aaadb>

        unsubscribe from this
list<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=acdbb740f2&e=143c3aaadb&c=3d82f796c2>|
update
subscription preferences<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage1.com/profile?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=acdbb740f2&e=143c3aaadb>

   Sent to EMAIL HIDDEN — *why did I get
this?*<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/about?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=acdbb740f2&e=143c3aaadb&c=3d82f796c2>
unsubscribe from this
list<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=acdbb740f2&e=143c3aaadb&c=3d82f796c2>|
update
subscription preferences<http://thedeconstruction.us6.list-manage1.com/profile?u=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&id=acdbb740f2&e=143c3aaadb>
The Deconstruction · 325 Normal Ave. · San Francisco, CA 94117  [image:
Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=f995a8e5965eb31600270f709&afl=1>