[EMS Discuss] Introduction

Sam Foster EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 2 12:13:39 PDT 2013

Hey I've been at a couple of open hack nights recently and slipped my
membership paper+$$ in the little box (were those received and
processed?) so I thought I'd introduce myself a little.

I just moved to Eugene with my family from Leeds, UK. I was a member of
the local hackspace there: http://leeds.hackspace.org.uk/ for the last
year or 2. I played with a solar collector, fiddled with some basic BEAM
stuff, made me a couple of sun chimes
http://leedshackspace.org.uk/2013/05/06/sun-chime/ and got the kids
tinkering too. My daughter made this cool light that is still in use:
https://twitter.com/samfosteriam/statuses/319043442183393280

A long time ago, I studied sculpture and did a stint fabricating and
prototyping for a furniture designer - mostly metal work. I have been
known to work with potato, banana, tea bags and whatever is lying
around. These days I mostly write code by day so I need a regular fix of
making real, tangible things.

I look forward to meeting you all,
Thanks,
Sam