[EMS Discuss] Is the 3d printer working?

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 11 09:15:08 PDT 2013

Tom and I played with it some last night.

It was strange that my test parts printed very well, but his looked like
they were printed by another poorly adjusted printer. One problem was
that the parts weren't sticking very well to the bed but if the bed temp
was too high, then the layers wouldn't cool properly and you would get a
rubbery mess. I haven't really seen that problem before. I wonder if the
green plastic has slightly different properties than the others we were
using?

Maybe we need to clean the bed or put new tape on it? Skeinforge has
better control over bed temp than Slicer, so that might be the one to
use for demos.

     Clif