[EMS Discuss] Stratasys buys Makerbot

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 19 16:30:46 PDT 2013

Yea at least for now there are all the DIY printers to fall back on.  Some
day the commercial home printers might become much better quality though
(and inexpensive) and then you won't really be able to print the same
objects on your lowly rep-rap.  I've already experienced this with the
thing-o-matic.  It just can't print a bunch of things either because they
are too big, require dual extrusion, or otherwise require a level of detail
my printer just can't handle.