[EMS Discuss] data logger

Craig Godwin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 5 15:05:58 PST 2013

The biggest task is probably the cold junction compensation and
amplifying all the thermocouple signals into something a data logger can
handle.  Many years ago (20?) I used an 8 channel thermocouple input
module that plugged into a PC.  If I recall correctly that was a couple
hundred bucks.  The PC stored the data, plus had some user interface for
working with it.

Certainly you could build a thermocouple amp/compensation module
yourself and link that to an Arduino if you felt ambitious.

Craig