[EMS Discuss] data logger

Tom Conlin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 5 17:13:08 PST 2013

A bit more background.
It is a geography distributed amateur project, slumping ultra thin
meniscus blanks for large telescope mirrors. The kilns are out on the
coast. The issue at hand is proper (opticly fine) annealing.
Conventional rule of thumb protocols are not working so we are
attempting to characterize what is happening within the kiln at finer
granularity. Currently the data I get is from a half dozen TC read with
a voltmeter (ice-water bath referenced) whenever the kiln operator
decides to take a measurement.  Since the anneal cycle takes days to
weeks this erratic sampling is not as bad as it may sound but I think we
could do better.