[EMS Discuss] What would you do if you had a thousand dollars?

Tom Conlin EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 7 20:13:26 PST 2013

I should have a (vertical) band saw in the pipeline for you
so I would not recommend dropping a grand on that without a specific
short term need (even then you could just ask me).

You do need more basic hand tools.

would also suggest more outreach/incentives be included in the pile.

On 03/07/2013 07:04 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
> No, not a million dollars. (hyperlink:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4 ) just a thousand.
>
> What is the best thing Eugene Maker Space could spend $1,000 on, if it
> had the money?  Here are some ideas.
>
> - security deposit on a bigger, better shop
> - a CNC mill
> - wood jointer
> - band saw
> - new 3D printer