[EMS Discuss] Science Factory After Dark

Marie Valle EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Mar 10 23:50:30 PDT 2013

Saw this event on spacebook earlier today and thought a few of you might be
interested.

https://www.facebook.com/events/254660811336219/?ref=3

DRINK BEER. DO SCIENCE.

   - Friday, March 22, 2013
    5:00pm until 9:00pm

An annual program for adults to celebrate s c i e n c e + v i s u a l a r t
s !

>>>IN THE EXHIBIT HALL<<<

View winning images from Nikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition,
and make some Noise! on our current exhibition. Learn scientific concepts
including Doppler Effect, frequency, pitch, amplitude, play with
unconventional instruments... then hop in the Scream Chamber and test your
vocal capacity!

>>>IN THE EXPLORATION DOME<<<

Are you a fan of our laser shows?! Then you do not want to miss 'Festival
of Dome Film Shorts' playing at 6 pm, 7 pm, and 8 pm on After Dark night.

This new Dome program is a collection of scientific short films exploring
everything from psychedelic (mathematically-perfect) fractals, to a vintage
comedy discussing the properties of black holes. Does Carl Sagan sing?
Watch this Dome show to find out!

BEST PART?
A cash bar is provided by Falling Sky Brewing & King Estate Winery.
Complimentary snacks provided by the Science Factory.

21+ ONLY. [ IDs required!]
Admission: $7 each. $5 Science Factory members & students.