[EMS Discuss] 3d printer with large bed

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 15 10:48:48 PDT 2013

I am envisioning an axle with a permanent magnet at each end,
suspended between two electromagnets at each end.  An Arduino cycles
the electromagnets' polarity to drive the car, and it also varies
their relative strengths to move the axle fore or aft, thus steering
the car.

This conversation has become completely derailed now.

FWIW, Mark Danburg-Wild has lent his Printrbot to our maker space.  It
is there now, but I do not know whether it is operational yet.  I has
an 8 inch bed.