[EMS Discuss] Science Factory After Dark this friday March 22nd.

Austin McKimmey EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 19 17:19:16 PDT 2013

I was talking with Bob, and who ever else was at the space last friday
night. The Science Factory is having an After Dark night this coming
friday, march 22nd. It is only open to 21+ and will have a beer and wine
bar.

I might go, it seems like a good time to see what the place is like, I
don't have kids so I have no reason to go there on a normal basis.

Just thought some others might like to know about this.

Thanks,
Austin
*
*
*Info from there website.*
http://www.sciencefactory.org/education/special_events.shtml
FOR ADULTS
Science Factory After Dark

Friday, March 22
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Science Factory

21 + only. $7 admission; $5 SF members.

Enjoy this special program for adults only to celebrate science and visual
arts. ViewNikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition 2012, have fun
with Noise! and watch Festival of Dome Film Shorts in the Exploration Dome.
Dome shows are scheduled for 6 pm, 7 pm, and 8pm.

Nibble hors d'oeuvres and enjoy the cash-only bar from 5 - 8 pm.

*Info for facebook users.*
https://www.facebook.com/events/254660811336219/

   - View winning images from Nikon's Small World Photomicrography
   Competition, and make some Noise! on our current exhibition. Learn
   scientific concepts including Doppler Effect, frequency, pitch, amplitude,
   play with unconventional instruments... then hop in the Scream Chamber and
   test your vocal capacity!

   >>>IN THE EXPLORATION DOME<<<

   Are you a fan of our laser shows?! Then you do not want to miss
   'Festival of Dome Film Shorts' playing at 6 pm, 7 pm, and 8 pm on After
   Dark night.

   This new Dome program is a collection of scientific short films
   exploring everything from psychedelic (mathematically-perfect) fractals, to
   a vintage comedy discussing the properties of black holes. Does Carl Sagan
   sing? Watch this Dome show to find out!

   BEST PART?
   A cash bar is provided by Falling Sky Brewing & King Estate Winery.
   Complimentary snacks provided by the Science Factory.

   21+ ONLY. [ IDs required!]
   Admission: $7 each. $5 Science Factory members & students.