[EMS Discuss] Sensors reporting via cell phone (AKA networking my dog/car) (?Bluetooth maybe?)

Julie Baumler EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 27 17:02:47 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Benjamin Hallert <EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
> You can often connect to a phone and send text messages using AT commands
> over serial.

Ohhh, that would be ideal for me. I wore out the T key on my first Mac
laptop sending AT commands over serial to various devices...

I currently have a Samsung S125Z
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-S125ZSATFN - I've
already got the case duct-taped together, I should see if there is
serial access internally (This is my backup 2nd network emergency
phone, as long as it works, it could be totally hacked together.)

The $20 phone is an LG800G
http://www.lg.com/us/support/products/documents/Datasheet_LG800G.PDF

> If physical serial access isn't available on the phone then you might be
> able to pair to it with Bluetooth and send the commands via that.  What
> model of TracFone exactly?  Might be able to see what AT commands are
> available for things like sending SMS.

How would I find things like that? Looking for 'datasheet' and
'manual' has not been fruitful.

Julie