[EMS Discuss] Our Red Bull Creation 2013 Entry!

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 6 11:33:44 PDT 2013

So here's the deal.  Our video guy showed up a couple times.  Whatever
video he took was what he used to make the beginning part of the video.  If
you weren't there then you probably didn't end up in the video.  Darrel
happened to be there the first time so he ended up in it.  There is like
half of our team not represented in the video.

Bob doesn't talk in the video.  This is because when Mike showed up he
wasn't talking yet.  I filmed maybe 10 different videos, at night while
Mike was at home editing.  Some of them did have Bob talking.  I uploaded
them to Mike and he used some of the videos but it was all up to his
discretion.  It was very last minute and it looks like he didn't include
any of the clips of the robot talking.  Also, I only managed to get him
working by logging in, killing the script and starting it again manually.
 And that didn't seem to work every time.  Taper had to reboot the system a
bunch of times so it wasn't really feasible to log in over and over and
over again to try and get him talking.  We DID have clips of him talking
though, Mike just didn't edit that in for whatever reason.

Please keep in mind that this video thing was basically thrown together
last minute again, so it's not perfect.  If we had finished sooner we could
have all had our input to make it a great video.  We can upload more videos
to show off other features and better explain our creation but none of them
will be the "official entry".  Other teams have already done this.  I'm
going to try and get one online that has Bob talking.