[EMS Discuss] Ethernet spool

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 20 16:43:46 PDT 2013

Hi Ben,

I have successfully installed Ethernet face plates in two houses and the
country fair. I have all the tools if you want to borrow them for a
short while. ;-)

You can get cat 5 for under $100 for 1000 feet but I probably have 100
feet or so on an old spool that you could use if you like. Or, here are
some suggestions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT5E-OUTDOOR-1000FT-UTP-CABLE-ETHERNET-LAN-NETWORK-CAT5-PULL-BOX-DIRECT-BURIAL-/261143945031

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT6-OUTDOOR-1000FT-UTP-CABLE-ETHERNET-LAN-NETWORK-CAT5-WOODEN-REEL-DRUM-/251148342956

This is the higher end stuff but notice that cat 6 is now cheaper than
cat 5, and is better for PoE applications.

Home depot / jerrys  has great prices on face plates but astronomical
prices on keystones so I get those off the internet. However they don't
fit as well so I hot glue them in which takes a few more seconds.

     Ciao,
     Clif