[EMS Discuss] Help with identifying a cable and connection

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 21 19:07:22 PDT 2013

I can't be sure from the photos, but it looks like not all the pins
are connected.  It used to be common to have signals on all the odd
pins of an IDC connector and ground all the even pins (or vice versa).
 The even pins are in one row and the odd are in the other row.

Your device might be like that, and intended to hook up to a PC's 25
pin parallel port.

Or it might be something completely different.  Tom's SCSI hypothesis
is also good.  (Though I thought the terminating resistors were only
used on the last device in the SCSI chain.)

What is the device?  Are half of the pins shorted together on the
underside of the board?