[EMS Discuss] Help with identifying a cable and connection

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 22 00:14:35 PDT 2013

Has this device ever been connected to Labview?  If so, can anyone
tell you how they did it?

If it is a new device that you're still designing or interfacing for
the first time, I would probably try to hook it up to an Arduino and
connect the Arduino to a PC via USB.  That gives you a lot of
flexibility.  There are some 40 pin IDC connectors and cables at EMS.
You can use a shorter connector on a longer header; it just won't
connect to the pins at the end(s).

You could also use jumpers like these to connect it to an Arduino or a
breadboard.  Oregon Electronics has them too.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/826