[EMS Discuss] Help with identifying a cable and connection

Taper Wickel EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 22 07:25:24 PDT 2013

Okay, my quick poking around here --

LabView (which encompasses a number of things but which is primarily a
graphical programming language) is usually intended to be used with
its own specialized data acquisition hardware, like this PCI card:
http://sine.ni.com/ds/app/doc/p/id/ds-148/lang/en

It's got a micro-DB-100 connector, which has a cable that splits out
to two 50-pin IDC connectors of the sort you're using, strictly for
digital I/O.

A manual for an older card is here:
http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/322164a.pdf ; page 20 has the pin
connections for those two 50-pin connectors.

(To make matters more confusing, some LabView single-board computers
like the sbRIO-9626 have a 50-pin IDC header for _analog_ IO (
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14428/en ) , but your device doesn't
seem like that would be needed.)

If you do not have a LabView DAQ card, then your best bet is, like Bob
suggested, prototyping something out with an Arduino.  Now, LabView
_does_ support Arduino -- see
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209835 .

Hope this helps.

Taper.