[EMS Discuss] Getting funds together for a possible move

Mark Danburg-Wyld EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 22 14:50:11 PDT 2013

1) Yes, I'd be willing to take on higher dues for a period to help cover a
larger space
2) I think a sliding scale below $25/month for "Associates" would be a fine
idea

Some of the other ideas thrown out in email here sound a lot like some of
the other ideas thrown around in conversation last night - rental
lockers/reserved space, "corporate" members, etc. Other ideas we threw
around last night for broader consideration included: some kind of rummage
sale benefiting EMS; fixing up the RedBull game and renting it to one of
the arcades; fixing up the RedBull game, changing it to Ducks & Beavers,
and taking it to the next Civil War game; offering the space as a
shop/class space for whomever but taking a share of the gate; applying for
grants/asking for corporate sponsors... I'm sure I'm forgetting others.
Some of the ideas aren't so viable in the slightly cramped current
location.

My sense is that yeah, it'll be somewhat painful to cover the costs of a
big move. But we're all about living on the edge of what's possible, aren't
we?

Thanks,