[EMS Discuss] EMS Event Idea: Kickstarted Panel

James Hukill EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 2 12:12:12 PDT 2013

Excellent question.
I don't have it all down so some of this is just off the top of my head.
 We interact with different types of folks looking with different objects
from us and we may want something from them (sponsors etc.).

To us our Maker Space is self descriptive enough, but we should not require
people to spend google and research time to figure it out.  A few doc
(printable) and  web landing pages will help out a ton to bridge that gap
when we are first getting to know other groups and people.  I am making it
so we can cut and paste text from our webpage and templates (images etc) so
when someone asks "Hey what is is that you do again?" you don't have to
constantly re-invent the wheel describing it.  When people ask having some
of the same core things we all say make us sound professional and together.
 Especially in the sponsorship area most are not going to want to risk
interacting with a group that is not professional or has it "together" sat
the risk of us making them look bad.

Again,  quick off the top of the head type stuff, it's not an exhaustive
list.

Mission statement type stuff:
Who we are
   Makers (links online etc)  (http://makerspace.com , no we are not linked
there it's on my list), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackerspace,
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Eugene_Maker_Space.
An open to the public membership comprised of a diverse group of technical
professional, hobbyists, educators and entrepreneurs.   Our passion for
exploration and self discovery into arts, science and engineering have made
as a valuable member our the greater Eugene metro area.  We have a
chartered mandate of giving back to the community by which we educate,
inspire and foster learning to people of all ages and skill sets. bla bla
bla… something like that, just what I typed on the spot.

How long we have been a group
   Groups organizations
      501c3, Maker Faire, Science Factory, etc..
What we do
   Mini Maker Faire
   RedBull Contest
   Eugene Public Library
Why we do it
Evidence, 3rdy party confirmation of things we have done.  Mini Maker Faire
How long we have been doing the above things
Example of the things (links, quotes from outside people, images)

Contact information
  Types of things we have done in the past and are likely to do again
  Whom to contact (List server address ((Board @ as an example here).

Quick link type stuff
Our logo
Our 501c3 process