[EMS Discuss] NOMINATION - Rick Osgood

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 26 15:57:11 PST 2013

I accepted my board nomination last month but I decided to bow out for this
year last minute.  If you notice that I am not listed on the voting page,
that's why.

I've been working on EMS for a little over three years now.  Before that I
lived in Arizona and I spent two years starting and running HeatSync Labs
hackerspace there.  That's five years in a row serving on a hackerspace
board of one kind or another.  I do enjoy the position and feeling like I'm
helping to accomplish something great, but I've got some other personal
projects I really need to focus on right now.  There just isn't enough time
in the day for me to be able to do all of the things I want to do and not
burn myself out.

As a result, I've decided to take a step back and let some other people run
EMS for a while.  I think it will be good for the group to have some new
blood on the board.  Newer members who may have a greater level of
enthusiasm and more time than I have available to dedicate to EMS right
now.  We have a lot of good people in our community and I think they
deserve a chance to help push EMS to the next level.  I'm still going to be
an active member of course, and I still intend to volunteer time, money,
etc when I can.  I just need to get away from the obligation that comes
with being a board member for a bit while I focus on other things.  I'll
see about running again next year when the time comes.

Thanks for allowing me to serve as a board member for the last two years!

Rick