[EMS Discuss] Makespace at Afterschool

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 1 18:58:34 PDT 2013

We have an opportunity to create a one-day maker space at the
Afterschool conference in Salem on November 9th.  Who would like to
help?

Oregon Afterschool for Kids is a statewide collaboration to support
all out-of-school-time programs.  They provide professional
development, technical support, and advocacy.  At their conference,
they will be connecting programs with resources to help inspire and
improve the lives of youth in Oregon.

Bethany Thramer from Afterschool has asked us to help set up an
environment where providers can be inspired to help kids become
engaged with technology.

What we need now is volunteers to man our booth, show off some of the
toys we've made, and talk to people about how to get started on
similar activities.

The conference will be open from 9:00 to 5:00 (tentative -- this plan
is still a little in flux).  Come for the whole day or for a shorter
shift and check out all that the world of Afterschool has to offer.

The conference is expected to be 350-400 people from all over Oregon.