[EMS Discuss] Whiteaker Shop Space for new Maker Space

Weston Turner EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 3 00:18:10 PDT 2013

I am publicly casting my vote for the Whiteaker shop space to be our new Maker Space location. I also request that we put the top spaces to a vote (even if just an informal straw poll).

The whit shop has a chimney for a wood stove, and rumor has it that there is a wood shop next door with a dumpster full of scrap wood. If we get a stove, that basically means we get free heat during the winter. That would save us a lot in utility costs. Plus, and most importantly, the space is really cool. And it's in the whit, regardless of whether we have a storefront presence, I think we will get more members and attention in that area. Who knows maybe we could even get sponsored by Ninkasi (the Eugene brewery who sponsors the Portland hacker space).

Regards,
Weston