[EMS Discuss] Whiteaker Shop Space for new Maker Space

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 3 23:11:24 PDT 2013

Funky and damp as it is, it is the best overall location so far and is a good size.  (I don't think the sizable
upstairs office is even counted in the 2500.)

I would caution against counting on wood heat, however.  Even if the landlord and his/her insurance company are
amenable, the cost to acquire and install a stove big enough to make a difference in that large a space may be
sizable.  (As far as I know, new legal installations of wood stoves are required to be of the modern catalytic style.)
 Also, I think Tom noted that the nearby wood scraps were mostly plywood, which should not be burnt.  Plus, there will
be some days when wood heat will not be allowed due to air quality, but probably not too many.

-Darrell