[EMS Discuss] Whiteaker Shop Space for new Maker Space

Austin McKimmey EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 4 09:06:28 PDT 2013

We could get large funds moving fast by promoting the space well, & that we
are moving to a new location. And offering  a discounted membership, new
and old members. Like $250 for the first year if you pay in full right
then. Instead of $300. That would give us cash flow to through at the new
place repairs. And hope that by the time that $50 we lost in membership
fees matters we have more members, because we have a larger more usable
space.

We need a larger space to attract new members, but we need new members to
fund the new space.

Wood stove aside, gas, electric, or whatever we need is still an option.
EMS ponchos would be great.

I just see a lot of potential in this space that we could really take
advantage of.

We also need to consider harder on grants and sponsorships. We could have
the "Herman Miller" Conference Room. The "Ninkasi" Lounge Loft. "Jerry's
Home Improvement" Wood Shop. "Aprovecho" Wood Stove. "Symantec" Bathroom
"Arcimoto" Garage Door.

These are all things that are possible. We just have to figure out the plan
then ask. It might work.

I also think the idea of having to run new electricity kind of fun. I have
never done it, but with guidance I could. That is if we are allowed to do
that kind of stuff. We could actually make a space that doesn't use power
strip into power strip for electricity. We can plan to have more then 1
220v outlet. Like for Ricks Vacuum Table, our brand new Saw Stop table saw,
wielding booth, And band new industrial laser cutter.

These might be dreams now but I think it can happen.