[EMS Discuss] Help us find a new home!

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 19 11:39:14 PDT 2013

Hi Gang!

I rencently looked at a couple of "suites" in a building near 6th and
Chambers which is on the edge of the Whiteaker neighborhood. Currently
there are some guys running make shift auto shops out of there, (both A
and B suites).

# $1500 / 7000ft² 21c / sqft - (540 Fillmore #A, In the Whit)

  * Huge but un-heatable shop space, Huge cranes that could move Trucks!
  * 2000 sqft is office space but no pictures yet.
  * Pictures:
    http://www.eugeneweb.com/gallery2/v/clif/Geeky/EMS/540Fillmore/Unsorted/

# $1400 / 2400ft² 58c / sqft - (540 Fillmore #B, In the Whit)

  * Two shop spaces, and some offices.Prob electric heat but don't know.
  * Nicer building front. We could probably talk him down, very nice guy
    and good landlord.
  * Pictures:
    http://www.eugeneweb.com/gallery2/v/clif/Geeky/EMS/540Fillmore_B/Unsorted/

You could compare these to our current favorite whit space here:

$1125 / 2500ft² 45c / sqft - 870 W. 2nd (in the Whitaker X Adams.)

  * Flier: 870_W_2nd.pdf
    <https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/pub/Sites/NewSpaceSearch/870_W_2nd.pdf>

  * Pictures: http://www.eugeneweb.com/gallery2/v/clif/Geeky/EMS/870W2nd/

Oh and please don't forget to vote for a good time to see the 1010 Tyinn
space:

http://doodle.com/7n2wnzuuitrmv4kv

     Remember the EMS board is looking for your feed back :-)

     Thanks,
     Clif

On 10/02/2013 11:31 AM, EMAIL HIDDEN wrote:
> [...]
>>>      * A bit farther than Obie.
>>>
>>> # $1250 / 3000ft² 42c / sqft - 645 Powers Street, Suite J
>>>
>>>      * Flier: 645_Powers.pdf
>>> <https://www.eugenemakerspace.**com/wiki/pub/Sites/**
>>> NewSpaceSearch/645_Powers.pdf
>>> <https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/pub/Sites/NewSpaceSearch/645_Powers.pdf><https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/pub/Sites/NewSpaceSearch/645_Powers.pdf>
>>>      *
>>>
>>> # $2017 / 4203ft² 48c / sqft - 2101 W 10th ave. (Next to the old Next
>>> Step
>>> store)
>>>
>>>      * Flier: 2101_W_10th.pdf
>>> <https://www.eugenemakerspace.**com/wiki/pub/Sites/**
>>> NewSpaceSearch/2101_W_10th.pdf
>>> <https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/pub/Sites/NewSpaceSearch/2101_W_10th.pdf><https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/pub/Sites/NewSpaceSearch/2101_W_10th.pdf>
>>> **>
>>>
>>>      * They would have to come down in price substantially
>>>

>>> As always you can see them on our New Space page here:
>>>
>>> https://www.eugenemakerspace.**com/wiki/Sites/NewSpaceSearch
>>> <https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/NewSpaceSearch><https://www.eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/NewSpaceSearch>
>>>
>>> I'm going to drive by them now and tomorrow we could have her show us
>>> the interesting ones. Anyone want to join me then?
>>>
>>>         Ciao,
>>>         Clif
>>>
>>> Mr. Clif wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi gang,
>>>
>>> The nice lady at the city planning office called me this morning with
>>> some more info:
>>>
>>> The City planing office would like to put us in the Specialized
>>> education category. That would allow us to chose from many zones such
>>> as C2, C3, I1, I2, or I3. As you might imagine these are essentially
>>> all the non-residential zones in Eugene.
>>>
>>> if we need to change anything in the building that requires a building
>>> permit then that might trigger a change of use permit or the resulting
>>> review process. This would probably result in a change to the number
>>> of vehicle or bicycle parking spots we need.
>>>
>>> Though as a Specialized education org we need to have one parking
>>> space for every 3.5 "students", and one bicycle spot for every 5
>>> "students" who are there on average during a open hack night. Now 25%
>>> of these bicycle parking spots must be for full time "students" or
>>> "faculty" a full time parking slot is dry and lockable.
>>>
>>> If we grow over the first break point which I think is 50 members,
>>> then we might also need to talk with public works. based on our use
>>> and number of students. One bathroom would probably not be enough.
>>> Same goes for building exits etc...
>>>
>>> So far this all sounds fairly reasonable and it sounds like they want
>>> to be helpful. I'm not as sure about the category they put us in but I
>>> guess it works for now, and dovetails nicely with what Kiki is doing.

>>> eugenemakerspace.com/**