[EMS Discuss] idea...? :D

James Hukill EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 20 11:14:25 PDT 2013

I totally agree that (IMHO) we can/should seek some sponsorship.  The topic
has come up before and there are some senior members with valid points
about making sure it's done tastefully.  The example (to take it to the
extreme for the point) is they do not want the shop to look like NSCAR.  I
get that 100% and agree.  There has to be some middle ground though.

But, cart before the horse?.. When do we wait if at all to ask for some
sponsorship?  What do we have to offer in return? Do we do it before we
move?
Simple example would be something like HopValley or Ninkasi.  We offerer to
hold our membership meetings on site with them.  Most of us go and and have
a drink now and again so might as well spend it with them.  They give EMS
money and in return they know we will be onsite for a member meeting once a
month that will bring them in x amount of $$.  Stickers at the shop with
their logo, and or some type of newsletter with their logo name as a
Sponsor...