[EMS Discuss] idea...? :D

Kassie EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 20 13:37:53 PDT 2013

One thing the board has been working on is classes and the opportunity for member to teach.  The new space will make this idea become reality easier.

This will create three new perks for our members. One, the classes themselves. Two, the opportunity to make some money teaching. And three, members will have a discount on classes.

Additionally, this will create a new revenue stream for EMS for other benefits like tools.

Currently I'm leading this charge, so if you are interested in being a part let me know.  While its still early I would like to share some of the already intended classes.

Intro to blender and 3d modeling
-focus on UI and basic animation

Basic modeling in blender
-covering basic modeling concepts

Modeling for 3d printers
- learning to create 3d object that can be printed

Intro to Inkscape for cnc
-focus on creating cnc objects using ponoko

Intro to gimp
- focus on UI and basic photo manipulation.

Intro to the arduino
- creating a basic circuit that will be controlled by the arduino. Focusing on the workflow and coding.

Right now I can't say more, but I should be able to say more soon.

Kassie

Sent from my iPhone