[EMS Discuss] Classes was: idea...? :D

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 20 22:07:10 PDT 2013

Yay Kassie, :-)

Check this out: "Classes provided more than *60-75 percent* of the
income for Artisan’s Asylum in its early stages, and are a fundamental
part of almost all makerspaces I’ve ever seen." That is a quote from Gui
Cavalcanti one of the co-founders of Artisan’s Asylum.

I just did the spread sheet for income and expenses and the biggest
revenue stream by far... is classes, even if you only charge $15 / hour
which is below market rate, and that is after you give half the income
to the instuctror which is what Artisan’s Asylum did. Though I can't
remember what models we came up with at a board meeting. Kassie knows
though. ;-)

So the bottom line is if we have a good quiet classroom or rooms we can
afford a bigger space. :-)

     Clif