[EMS Discuss] Classes was: idea...? :D

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 22 09:44:45 PDT 2013

The U of O Craft Center has a single table saw, and they teach
woodworking classes.  The nice thing about woodworking is that you
spend a lot more time designing, planning, measuring, and marking than
you do cutting. And if you're a newbie, you make many passes on the
planer and the jointer before you're ready for the table saw.

The Craft Center also has a single planer and a single jointer.  If I
recall correctly, the staff operate the planer for students, but
students run the jointer. (-:

As for scroll saws, I have one at home that I'd be happy to lend for a
class.  There are probably a few more in members' garages, too.