[EMS Discuss] Target shooting range?

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 22 10:29:28 PDT 2013

Would it be fair to set a deadline?  Obviously people still want to see
this project completed.  I myself would love to see it fully functional
since I put a lot of work into it as well back when we were still in the
competition.  (I haven't touched it since).  That being said I still think
people are getting sick of having the giant thing taking up so much space
(this again includes me).

I love the idea of a trophy room, but EMS' mission is to provide space,
tools, resources, etc for people to make things.  Space is at a premium
right now and I personally feel that if showcasing projects is getting in
the way of our primary mission then that is a problem.  If we had dedicated
space for that sort of thing (or high shelves or something?) then it might
make more sense.

With all that being said, it's obvious now that work is being made on the
project and it's not simply being showcased.  It's a current member
project.  We just have no way of knowing that it's being worked on without
asking because you can't tell just by looking at it.  Would setting a
deadline be a fair compromise?  Deadlines tend to get people moving and it
gives us another predetermined date to get an update on the status.