[EMS Discuss] pumpkin chunkin?

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 25 16:49:20 PDT 2013

The Science Factory says we can use their front lawn for this contest if we
want to do it. The date would be Nov 23, which gives you pretty much
exactly 1 month to build your launcher.  If I we can get three entries or
more, we will go ahead with the event.  I put together a preliminary list
of rules and included them below.  If you are interested in this event,
please read through the rules below and respond to let me know if you want
to sign up.  If I get three sign ups before Wednesday the 30th, we will
move forward.  If not, we can try again next year maybe with some more prep
time.

   1. No compressed air/gas devices
   2. No explosives.
   3. Pumpkins must be less than or equal to 4" in diameter (I'll have to
   figure out a weight limit instead of size for easier measuring)
   4. Pumpkins must remain intact until they hit the ground.
   5. Machine must not cross the firing line.
   6. Pumpkins cannot be altered.
   7. Machines must fire within 3 minutes.
   8. Lost pumpkins may get an extra try if they have a pumpkin ready to go.
   9. You may sign up as an individual or as a team.