[EMS Discuss] Science Factory Halloween Extravaganza

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 29 08:48:02 PDT 2013

When I was asking Nick about using the Science Factory yard to throw
pumpkins, he let me know they would be launching some pumpkins tomorrow,
Wednesday 10/30/2013.  They are having an event there that includes
launching pumpkins with a trebuchet.  I thought I'd post it here in case
anyone is interested.  It sounds like this might be an event geared towards
younger kids so it would likely be a fun family event.

From: http://www.sciencefactory.org/education/special_events.shtml

Mad Scientists' Halloween Extravaganza

Wednesday, October 30
3:00 - 7:00 pm
Location: Science Factory

$15 per family of 4, $2 each additional visitor. $10 per family for Science
Factory members (according to membership level), $2 each additional guest.

Ghosts, ghouls, and goblins are invited to the Science Factory's mad
scientists lab for eerie experiments, spooky science demonstrations, and
haunting Halloween fun! Be sure to try your hand at launching a pumpkin
projectile with our trebuchet. Her majesty, *the SLUG Queen *, will be
present from 4 - 5 p.m. fostering her love for freaky science. Wearing your
costume is encouraged! Light dinner provided by Sammitch Food Truck will be
available for purchase. (www.sammitchtime.com)

We will be closed from 1 - 3 pm to prepare for this event.