[EMS Discuss] Punkin Chunkin' Rules

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 30 08:45:51 PDT 2013

Here is the official list of rules for the Punkin Chunkin' Contest.  I will
be posting these up on the website but I'm waiting to get an official time
scheduled with the Science Factory so I can publish everything at once.
 These are mostly the same as before but I've clarified the pumpkin size.
 You may use any pumpkin between 1lbs and 2lbs.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can clarify things and update
the rule list.  It's hard to come up with a complete set of rules for
something like this but I'm doing the best I can.

*Safety*

   1. No compressed air/compressed gas devices
   2. No explosives.
   3. Teams must release all energy from their launchers until it is their
   turn.

*Contest Rules*

   1. You may sign up as an individual or as a team.
   2. Machine must not cross the firing line.
   3. Machines must be ready to fire within 3 minutes.
   4. Each team will get three launches.
   5. If a team loses a pumpkin after launch they may get an one extra try
   if the team has a backup pumpkin ready to go.
   6. Pumpkins must weigh between 1lbs and 2lbs.
   7. Teams provide their own pumpkins.
   8. Pumpkins must remain intact until they hit the ground.
   9. Pumpkins cannot be modified (except for painting).
   10. Teams may paint their pumpkins for decoration.