[EMS Discuss] New Storage Rules for Eugene Maker Space

Sam Foster EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 30 12:49:12 PDT 2013

I have mixed feelings about the storage proposal. I think in general I'm
in favor, but the rates do put larger projects (e.g bike/trailer) out of
reach of my budget. On the flip-side, I think its appropriate that the
space *not* be used for indefinite storage of materials/junk/inactive
projects by members, so the rates are a reasonable deterrent (there's
self-storage units for that). I assume these are the kind of
considerations that led to the current proposal.

Somewhere in there I worry that we are putting a box around the kinds of
things that can happen at the maker space. But I welcome the clarity and
I assume no policies are set in stone from now till the end of time.

/Sam