[EMS Discuss] New Storage Rules for Eugene Maker Space

Mr. Clif EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 30 14:06:41 PDT 2013

Hi Gang,

So here are my two cents worth.

Just to clarify the annual meeting is on Saturday Dec 7th, not the 8th.

Some of our members were in favor of tiered dues, some were not. One
possibility here is to include a free bin with the next tier up, and
maybe also include a discount on classes.

I think that if members are going to get a free bin or box then they are
required to always be members in good standing, eg don't skip any dues
and have them paid up. Wheres lower tier members might not have that
requirement.

I assume that the shelves would be two feet deep which would give you
the same $2.50 per Sqft rate.

I think constantly updating a date on a tag to show the paid through
date is impractical. Perhaps we could have an item number that we can
look up in a data base?

I think that if we make our policy clear on left items and that we try
to return them for at least 30 days then its probably legal to take
possession of them after that. Something like this:

"...EMS will make a reasonable effort to return the items for at least
30 days past due."

I'm not sure about the members voting outside of an official meeting.
This could be a special meeting as long as it is official, but even so
getting a members quorum is often very hard, and not requiring one is
not fair, so not sure what to do here. Just patitioning the board might
be an option.

At first I thought we could do the gallery like other maker spaces and
charge for it. But I do like it being kind of a group consensious to
show off what we're doing. I think the board would decide what area(s)
are gallery space(s). I think that one year changes in the gallery is
way too slow. Perhaps it could be updated at each regular membership
meeting, or online votes. Like Bob I would be less concerned about
official meetings here but not sure what is fair.

     More thoughts later...
     Clif