[EMS Discuss] 3Doodler GET!

Taper Wickel EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 31 18:01:14 PDT 2013

Doing this forum-wise, so I can use the image tools.

Box!
http://waxwolf.com/taper/temp/3dood/3dood-2013-10-31_16.08.23-1.jpg
Contents of box!
http://waxwolf.com/taper/temp/3dood/3dood-2013-10-31_16.10.33-1.jpg
There was a choice of ABS or PLA; I went with ABS because
it's supposedly better for freehand 3d. The pack on top was
a funder extra - fluorescent and glow-in-the-dark filament!

Warming up:
http://waxwolf.com/taper/temp/3dood/3dood-2013-10-31_16.11.50-1.jpg
The light turns blue when ready (if set for ABS; for PLA it
turns green).

Doodling on paper:
http://waxwolf.com/taper/temp/3dood/3dood-2013-10-31_16.15.15.jpg

Little freehand 3d thing:
http://waxwolf.com/taper/temp/3dood/3dood-2013-10-31_16.20.30-1.jpg
You can bridge quite a ways -- still working out how best to
handle the two speeds.

Most promising feature:
http://waxwolf.com/taper/temp/3dood/3dood-2013-10-31_16.20.50-1.jpg
These mounting holes let you hook it to an arm of some sort
-- and there are electrical connectors near the switch and
power input to let you control the buttons remotely. This
opens up all sorts of possibilities...

Anyway, that's this new toy.  (And I seem to have already
jammed the thing by ignoring instructions. Huh. Still very
jazzed, though.)

Any questions?  Who else funded on this?

--
Posted from the Discuss forum