[EMS Discuss] New Storage Rules for Eugene Maker Space

Bob Miller EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 31 21:25:37 PDT 2013

I think you're right -- if it's under construction like the vacuum
table currently is, then it's a project and it would owe rent.  Once
it's completed, it could be donated or lent to EMS, or it could become
a Gallery Item, or the member could continue to pay rent to store it
(and not share it).  An interesting edge case is the 3D printers,
which are only working part of the time. (-:

I don't understand your question about multiple members. I can only
think of two things that were limited per-member.  Free shelf space.
Sure, if two members want to pool their space, that's probably
reasonable.  And "If the member needs more than 10% of the available
floor space for short term storage, he/she must announce his
intentions to the membership".  In that case, I'd think it's 10% for
the project, no matter how many members are involved -- the concern is
how much floor space we've lost.

And you're right that we're going to have some case-by-case decisions.
 There's no way to predict every case that will come up.

Thanks for your comments.  It's probably about time for me to write a summary.