[EMS Discuss] Getting started at Eugene Maker Space.

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 12 13:33:14 PDT 2013

Welcome, Chris!

All batteries are a pain, just some more than others.  Lead-acid is a fine choice if weight isn't an issue.  However,
they can be pretty easily damaged by either over charging or over discharging, so you can't just charge them with your
current wall power supply as is.  (Or you can, sort of.  Adding a regulator would be good.)  Check out Battery
University:  http://batteryuniversity.com/

I have several extra small voltage converters that will turn your battery power into 5V for USB.  You can have one.
You'll just need the USB ports to plug into and a couple of capacitors.

-Darrell